Airports in Marrakech
The airport itself is about ten kilometers from the city center, making the trip by car a short 15-minute ride. There aren’t any other airports in Marrakech, so you don’t have to worry about finding out which airport you’ll be arriving at or leaving from.
- You will need an embarkation card before arriving at the queue for passport control, so make sure you have a pen on you.
- There are money-changing outlets in the Arrival halls where you can exchange your money.
- There is one ATM in Terminal 1 and one in Terminal 2.
- You can purchase a SIM card in a booth at the arrival hall.
Transportation from the airport:
There are two ways you can get from the Marrakech airport to downtown – either by bus or by taxis.
- Taxis - The taxi “journey” starts before you even leave the airport. You’ll find hoards of taxi companies coming up to you trying to get you to ride with them – but do not surrender yet! These companies usually have much higher rates and simply walking outside of the airport to the parked taxis outside gives you an instantly lower price.
- By Bus - For a fun trip try taking a bus! It will give you a nice tour around the city as the journey goes through multiple stops, giving you a quick overview of the city. The bus service (line 19) has hourly departures from 6.30 a.m to 11:30 p.m so if you’re arriving really late at night or early in the morning do not depend on the bus.
- Extra: Pick up and airport transfer services - You can also pre-book a private bus transfer in advance to avoid the hassle of negotiating, getting on buses, or finding a way to get from the Marrakech airport to downtown. Your driver will immediately pick you up after you’ve passed customs and will take care of everything from that moment onwards.