Trunyan, The Ancient Funeral and Traditional Village Tour
Spoken in: English, Indonesian, Malay, msa
(35 reviews) star Day trip Bali 1 - 10 watch_later 10 hours
- done The magic burial of Trunyan
- done Boating at the beautiful and quiet of Lake Batur
- done Enjoy the magnificent view of the ancient Batur Caldera
- done Enjoy the most expensive cofee luwak
- done Meet and greet the native Balinese tribe
You will be picked up anywhere in: Your hotel, Bali
What you can expect
This private tour to a local village will give you an insight to the local culture and traditions.
Here, the Trunyan people are very enthusiastic to protect their traditions and culture. One of the most interesting parts of their culture is the burial ritual.
What makes Trunyan so special? The corpse! Trunyan people retain an ancient magical funeral method. They are protective to their tradition, and it has not changes for centuries, their ancestor decided not to bury their dead.
Unlike other villages in Bali, when somebody passed away they will be buried in the cemetery or they will be cremated. However, the people of Trunyan lay down the corpse on the ground, and only covered it by a woven bamboo. As a result, you can see the corpse decomposed naturally.
Magically, the giant tree called taru menyan absorbs the oudor.
This is really a once in a lifetime experience. If you have any questions please contact me.
This is the plan
Day trip details
- checkFree cancellation up to 14 days before experience date
- closeNo refunds within 14 days of experience date
- checkEntrance tickets
- checkPrivate guide
- checkA/C Car
- closeYour personal shopping expenses
"I am licensed travel guide, speak good English, Bahasa Indonesia and Malay. I have served thousands f visitor from various country, with excellent reputation on Tripadvisor. The reason I am on this service field, because I have the biggest passion in tourism business."