Private Berlin Wall Tour with a Local Expert
Spoken in: English, Português
(4 reviews) star Off the beaten track Berlin 1 - 6 watch_later 1.5 hours
- done See the famous murals of the Berlin Wall
- done Learn about the impact the Wall had on Berliners
- done Hear real stories of Berliners who lost their lives there
- done Understand the meaning of the East side Gallery memorial site
- done Learn about the Berlin Wall graffiti culture
- done Private tour with an academic expert
You will meet here: Ostbahnhof
What you can expect
During this private tour you will learn about the history of the Berlin Wall and of the East Side Gallery murals. You will also learn about the stories of some of the victims that died on that stretch. We will also discuss the history of graffiti on the Wall and what is the true meaning of this memorial site.
The East Side Gallery is the most visited remaining stretch of the Wall, but there is almost no interpretation at the site. After this tour, you will be able to understand how the East Gallery came to be and where it is heading to.
Let me know if you have any special requests and I can create a personalized tour for you.
This is the plan
Off the beaten track details
- checkFree cancellation up to 14 days before experience date
- closeNo refunds within 14 days of experience date
"Brazilian travel journalist based in Berlin for the past 6 years. I did my Master's on the East Side Gallery interpretation and I am currently working on my PhD about the interpretation of the Berlin Wall and its memorials through victims' personal stories."