Hiking beautiful Merapi Vulcano
Spoken in: English, Indonesian
(60 reviews) star Hiking Yogyakarta 1 - 5 watch_later 34 hours
- done hiking the most active vulcano in Indonsia
- done beautiful sunrise from Merapi vulcano
You will be picked up anywhere in: city center, Yogyakarta
What you can expect
Take a break from the city and take a private tour to see the beautiful sunrise from the top of the
Merapi volcano (2968 meters above sea level) accompanied by the majestic peaks of the mountains around. Merapi is one of the most active volcanoes in Indonesia and the most influential mountain in the tradition, religious and public life of Java (especially Jogja) since hundreds of years ago.
You adventure will be guided by me and my husband and our journey will begin at midnight from Selo Village (1560 metres) which is the basecamp to hike Merapi Volcano. And with standard speed after 5 hours of hiking we will reach the Pasar Bubrah which is a wide area of volcanic sand and rock right under the Peak of Merapi. At the Pasar Bubrah we can see the hypnotize sunrise with some stunning scenery. After enjoying the sunrise then we will continue the journey down to basecamp for 3 hour trip.
If you are curious about the beauty of the most famous volcano in Indonesia, it would be amazing trip for you to taste adventure of Merapi volcano, the volcano that form the civilization of Java.
This is the plan
- checkFree cancellation up to 14 days before experience date
- closeNo refunds within 14 days of experience date
- checkEntrance tickets
- checkPrivate guide
- checkA/C Car
- checkEnglish guide and merapi local guide during hiking
- checkSleeping bag, head lamp, tracking pole, raincoat
- checkcommon medical kit, 1.5 L water, dinner, breakfast
- check1 non alcoholic drinks
- closePersonal medical kit
- closePersonal jackets
- closeIf only 1 person, merapi local guide (Rp 300.000) is not include
"In our packages, we will give you complete Jogjakarta atmosphere, temples, tradition, food, adventure and nature. And along the journey we (me and my husband) will accompany you so you can feel the real withlocals experience with us, share our stories, experience and tradition."