Day trip to the 8th World Wonder: Sigiriya Lion Rock
Spoken in: English, Sinhala
(72 reviews) star Day trip Kandy 1 - 4 watch_later 12 hours
- done Excellent example of Sri Lanka’s old world charm.
- done Visit the Sigiriya Rock Fortress, a UNESCO heritage
- done Visit a local village
- done Private, comfortable and safe tour with your driver and guide
- done Learn about Sri Lanka's history with insights from your guide
- done Learn about Sri Lanka's herbs at the herbal garden
You will be picked up anywhere in: Kandy
What you can expect
On this tour you will learn about ancient Sri Lankan history and enjoy magnificent places. We'll start our day at your hotel, head towards a Hindu temple, visit a herbal garden and a local village, take in the beautiful Sigiriya sights. We'll finish our tour at the Dambulla Cave Temple.
The stupendous Sigiriya Rock fortress with a magnificent palace on top was built by King Kasyapa in the 5th century A.D. Sensual frescoes of maidens here are regarded as the world’s largest picture gallery.
Sigiriya has been a complex of buildings with a royal palace a water garden and a town on par with the best in the ancient world. For more details you can visit the museum which helps you unfold the beauty, legend and architectural value of Sigiriya.
Let me know if you want to adjust anything and I will create a personalized offer just for you.
This is the plan
Day trip details
- checkFree cancellation up to 14 days before experience date
- closeNo refunds within 14 days of experience date
- checkPrivate guide
- checkA/C Car
- checkVideo of your trip
The Well Traveled Guide
I am Kamal, travelling is my hobby & I thought why don’t share my experiences with people who love to do the same. I have wide experience in travelling here & abroad and through my long career path mostly involved with people, I understand human needs very well.
I am capable of arranging tours up to your standard. Just tell me your needs & relax. Everything will be at your hand for your personal satisfaction.
Travel with me & take away memories of a wonderful holiday!!!"