Best Cooking Lesson in Sri Lanka
Spoken in: English, Sinhala
(44 reviews) star Other Cooking classes Colombo 1 - 10 watch_later 3 hours
- done Best Sri Lankan cooking lesson!
- done Lunch
- done Other cuisine
- done 3 courses
You will meet here: Kumaradasa Place, Colombo
What you can expect
You will learn the traditional full lunch meal including rice, a few curries and a delicious dessert. After your hard work you can of course taste the dishes.
These are the dishes we will cook together:
Steam Rice, Dhal curry, Ambultiyal fish, Gotu kola mallum, Coconut sambol, Watalappam or any other traditional sweet.
I am sure this will be the highlight of your Sri Lankan adventure. And the knowledge and recipes you learn are the most amazing souvenirs to bring home!
The cooking class takes place in traditional Sri Lankan home, we all cook together so it is nice and easy to learn all the secrets about authentic Sri Lankan food.
Cooking classes details
- checkFree cancellation up to 14 days before experience date
- closeNo refunds within 14 days of experience date
- closeExtra dish vegetable salad-LKR500
- closeone pack to take away- LKR 500
- closeExtra market visit (Super market to introduce ingredients -LKR 2500 for 1 to 2 people
- closeextra vegetable dish -1 to 2 people LKR 500
- closebottle water to cook and wash LKR 1500
- closeSri Lankan chicken curry- 1-2 people -LKR 1200
- closePolos- Jackfruit curry- 1-2 people LKR 1200
- closeHerbal drink- one person LKR 500
- closeCoconut Roti- 1 person LKR 500
- closeKottu Roti- vegetarian LKR 1500
- closeString Hoppers- 1-2 people LKR 1500
- closeBatu Moju- egg plant- for 1-2 people LKR 1200
- closeSri lankan Pumpkin curry- 1-2 people LKR 1200
- closeKiri kos- 1-2 people LKR 1200
"WELCOME TO MY PAGE!
I'm an Entrepreneur and cooking is my passion. I like to meet people from different cultures and it is nice to share my knowledge with them. If you visit my kitchen you are able to enjoy real Sri Lankan meal and the meaning of the words.
From my kitchen, you can enjoy a Sri Lankan traditional Lunch, Evening Cookery class or colombo city visit. Cookery classes can be customized based on the guest requirement and it is able to do traditional sweets class as well.
It is possible to request your favourite Sri Lankan meals or any special desserts or Sri Lankan traditional sweets to have at my place by requesting personalised menu. During the regular cookery class, I'm conducting 5 meals and you are able to taste the meal at the end of the program. I provide all the ingredients to cook and you can experience this in my kitchen. The class will be conducted in an old local house and those who want luxury experience this will not be the choice. You are willing to see my cooking demonstration while involving with some cooking functions. You can experience vegetable cutting, traditional coconut grating, and etc. Those who want to do market visit to buy the ingredients, have to book the experience as extra activity and these products will be buying from the super market. There will be additional charges for extra activities.
I'm conducting city visit and this includes more than five places in the Colombo city and you can get idea about the tourist attractions. it is able to select the transport type you prefer. Other than that If you want to do day trips to Kandy or Galle that also can discuss.
Hope you will get unforgettable experience with me in Sri Lanka."