Best Cooking Lesson in Sri Lanka
Spoken in: English, Sinhala
(42 reviews) star Other Cooking classes Colombo 1 - 10 watch_later 3 hours
- done Best Sri Lankan cooking lesson!
- done Lunch
- done Other cuisine
- done 3 courses
You will meet here: Kumaradasa Place, Colombo
What you can expect
You will learn the traditional full lunch meal including rice, a few curries and a delicious dessert. After your hard work you can of course taste the dishes.
These are the dishes we will cook together:
Steam Rice, Dhal curry, Ambultiyal fish, Gotu kola mallum, Coconut sambol, Watalappam or any other traditional sweet.
I am sure this will be the highlight of your Sri Lankan adventure. And the knowledge and recipes you learn are the most amazing souvenirs to bring home!
Cooking classes details
- checkFree cancellation up to 14 days before experience date
- closeNo refunds within 14 days of experience date
- closeExtra dish vegetable salad-LKR500
- closeone pack to take away- LKR 500
- closeExtra Dishes-Roti LKR 500 for one to two people
- closeExtra market visit (Super market to introduce ingredients -LKR 2500 for 1 to 2 people
- closeExtra dish- herbal drink _LKR 250 each
- closeExtra Sri Lankan style chicken curry for 2 people- LKR 700
- closeextra vegetable dish -1 to 2 people LKR 500
- closebottle water to cook and wash LKR 1500
- closeBuy Clay pot for cooking(take home)-LKR 500
- closespicy packs to take home (inform in advanced)-xxx
- closePolos curry- baby jackfruit curry -1-2 people -LKR 700
"WELCOME TO MY PAGE!
I'm a student consultant and cooking is my favorite hobby. I like to meet people from different cultures and it is nice to share my knowledge with them. If you visit my kitchen you are able to enjoy real Sri Lankan meal and the meaning of the words.
From my kitchen, you can enjoy a Sri lankan traditional Lunch, candle-lit night dinner and some cooking lessons. There is a traditional Sri Lankan Lunch preparation program as well as traditional Sweets preparation program.
Candle night dinner is more suitable for couples to enjoy the meal under the stars. If you request for wine or beer we are able to arrange that for dinner.
It is possible to request your favorite Sri Lankan meals or any special desserts or sweets to have at my place by requesting personalised menu.
During the cooking lesson I'm conducting 5 meals and you are able to taste the meal at the end. We provide all the ingredients to cook.
I'm conducting city walks and it includes a temple visit, beach visit, traditional village visit with traditional Lunch. We provide transport and you can try Sri Lankan Tuk Tuk.
I have many other activities such as evening swim, evening shopping and etc. You are able to have customised experience as well.
Hope you will get unforgettable experience with me in Sri Lanka."