Bangkok's Off the Beaten Track Best Tour with Lunch Included
Spoken in: English, ไทย
(13 reviews) star Off the beaten track Bangkok 1 - 8 watch_later 5 hours
- done Experience an authentic Thai area and learn all about local Thai customs
- done Visit unique local Buddhist temples and feed fish
- done Experience a grand park, way off the beaten path
- done Practice meditation in a traditional Thai house
- done Delicious local lunch included
You will meet here: Nonthaburi pier 暖武裡府碼頭
What you can expect
In Nonthaburi province, on the Chaopraya River, 20 km from the heart of Bangkok. You will be spending the day as if you were a local resident - I have been living here for over 12 years and have traveled extensively around Thailand, enjoying the sites and staying in many Buddhist temples.
Our day begins with a welcome drink followed by a Tuk Tuk ride to a grand park along the river. Here you will learn how to meditate in an old style Thai house.
Next we will feed the local river fish - a merit making tradition for Buddhists. For lunch, we will go to my favorite modern style Thai restaurant for their popular papaya salad.
After lunch, we will visit one of the most popular and revered temples for the locals, and one rarely seen by tourists. The temple’s architecture is remarkable, particularly the intricately carved wooden structure. If we get lucky, we may even see a huge water monitor (a large lizard).
From the temple, we can go and relax after the tour at my home which I share with my girlfriend, bee. Here we will enjoy some local dessert and drink.
Please feel free to contact me for a personalized offer!
1. Speak with the locals! I can teach you a little of the Thai language, just the basics, making your experience in Thailand just a little more interesting (I can speak, read and write Thai at an intermediate level), and
* learn how to spell and say your name in the Thai Language.
2. I can also teach meditation/daily awareness (I have spent over 12 years practicing in Thailand).
I look forward to hosting you and giving you a taste of the wonderful sights, sounds and tastes of beautiful Bangkok!
P.S. My travel experiences are quite extensive:) So, If you any questions about travelling, where you should go next, etc, we can talk about it on the tour, or you can also contact me after the tour if you have any further questions about travel destinations.
See you soon :)
This is the plan
Off the beaten track details
- checkFree cancellation up to 14 days before experience date
- closeNo refunds within 14 days of experience date
- checkPrivate guide
- checkA/C Car
- checkAlcoholic drinks at extra charge and non alcoholic drinks included
"I am from Toronto, Canada, but have made Thailand my home for more than 15 years. I am a relaxed, kind and humorous (likes to laugh) type of person, and I am well traveled.
Thailand has been great to me, and I really love it. I love the weather, the food, Buddhism, the people and all the amazing travel destinations. I can speak Thai. I am very interested in sharing all my great Thai experience with you, making your time in Thailand smoother and more enjoyable. (In addition, as part of the tour, I can also teach you some basic Thai)
Also, over the past 15 years, I have spent a lot of my time staying in many different Buddhist monasteries, and meditation/awareness has become a part of my life. If you're interested, as part of the tour, I can also give you some meditation/ daily awareness lessons.
I've had a Thai girlfriend for the past 10 years, who is now my wife, and that's why I can speak Thai so well!. Her name is Bee. There is much I still need to learn in this world but that is what life is all about.
Hope to meet you soon!"