1 Day from Kandy to Sacred Anuradhapura
Spoken in: English, Sinhala
(76 reviews) star Day trip Kandy 1 - 7 watch_later 11 hours
- done Sri Lankan style home made lunch - middle of the paddy field / with a nice view
- done Relaxed program with enough breaks to enjoy the surroundings
- done Beautiful sightseeing on the way: waterfall, tea plantations, scenic views
- done Taste Sri Lankan fruits/snacks on the way
You will be picked up anywhere in: Any place in Kandy, Kandy
What you can expect
Would you like to know the history of the first established kingdom in ancient Sri Lanka? Anuradhapura Kingdom was largely based on agriculture, the construction of irrigation works was a major achievement of the Anuradhapura Kingdom, ensuring water supply in the dry zone and helping the country grow mostly self-sufficient.
To dive deeper into the history, check out the following tour highlights:
Kandy, Anuradhapura, Mihintale - Kandy
This is the plan
Day trip details
- checkFree cancellation up to 14 days before experience date
- closeNo refunds within 14 days of experience date
- checkPrivate guide
- checkA/C Car
- closeEntrance tickets
- closePersonal expenses
"My name is Dushan, but everyone just calls me Platy. I was born in 1983, married with Sonali. My wife is working for the Government. My daughter Thinuri was born in 2013. I am a practicing Buddhist from Kandy, the world heritage city.
In 2002 I started my hospitality career with a diploma from the Ceylon Hotel School & School of Tourism. I worked for 7 years in the guest service sector in Sri Lanka and abroad in the United Arab Emirates.
I am a tourist-driver for more than 5 years. I have a lot of experience in driving through Sri Lanka and I know all interesting and secret places in my country. It would be my pleasure to be your personal guide to Sri Lanka!"